Bible Conference is a great opportunity to grow in our relationship with God. We are looking forward to several days of renewal through biblical preaching, sacred music and fellowship. Although classes do not meet during Bible Conference, university expectations remain in effect. This week is unique, and we want students to be well-informed of the schedules, opportunities and responsibilities.
Because of the heavy congestion at the start of each service, we ask that students plan to arrive and begin entering the amphitorium no later than 15 minutes before each service. Ushers will help you be seated.
- Beginning Tuesday evening, men are to wear ties to all daytime services. Men are to wear coats and ties to evening services. Grooming policies remain in effect.
- Recreational attire is appropriate for areas behind the stadium and Davis Field House. Casual dress may be worn on campus after the evening services.
- Students are to attend all services unless they have a permanent outreach ministry where their presence is required to maintain a ministry or unless they have a conflict with a regular weekly work schedule.
- Students are advised that arriving late to a Bible Conference service is a demerit offense. Missing a service without an approved excuse will result in a conduct warning. Additional unexcused absences may result in additional consequences up to and including suspension.
- Residence hall students who need to miss Bible Conference services should secure a dean-approved pass. Those working on campus will be excused by their work managers.
- Day students who need to miss Bible Conference services are asked to submit an exemption request by 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7. (See Day Student Connection for complete information about attendance requirements.)
- Couples and mixed groups may enjoy picnic meals on the lawns. While items like blankets are welcome, we ask that you not bring furniture (tables, chairs, etc.), games (e.g., Frisbee) or musical instruments onto the lawns.
- Beginning after the 10 a.m. service, lawns, except those across University Circle, are open for social activities during daytime hours. The Gallery Green and the lawn between the Student Center and Administration Building are open both during the day and in the evening until 10:50 p.m.
- Nothing may be left on the lawns, on benches, or in the Student Center mall or buildings during services. Trash cans are available across campus for the disposal of waste.
- All activities on the lawns end Friday, Feb. 17, at 10:50 p.m. Regular weekend social regulations resume Saturday, Feb. 18.
- The stadium field, Field 1 (adjacent to the stadium field), and the lower fields are closed to all activity because of Bruins intercollegiate soccer practice and field care/maintenance. The sand volleyball court, the activity center, and Field 2 are open for free recreation between services until 10:50 p.m.
Information for Residence Hall Students
- Room inspection for residence hall students will be at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday and Friday.
- Students need to be out of the residence halls 20 minutes before each service begins.
- Residence halls will close at 11 p.m., and lights out is at midnight.
The Bible Conference dining common meal schedule is available here.