The chapel/society schedule for this week is different. Chapel will meet on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Thursday will be our special Heritage Day presentation. Societies will meet on Wednesday.
If you normally attend chapel on Wednesdays, you will be expected to attend your society meeting on Wednesday unless you are exempt from society.
If you normally attend society on Fridays, you should plan to attend chapel this Friday. Even if you are exempt from society, unless you have a conflicting work schedule or other obligation, you are asked to attend chapel on Friday. If there is a schedule conflict, please go to exemptions.bju.edu to request a chapel exemption for this Friday. This should be done no later than Wednesday.
Explore the many opportunities and learn more about missions during Global Opportunities Week. Special events will include:
- Mission Displays: Nearly 100 mission board representatives will be available to discuss opportunities for summer, short-term or career missions.
- Missions Advance (Monday at 9 p.m. in the Center for Global Opportunities): See the Global Opportunities Week website for special speaker information.
- Student Prayer and Worship: Wednesday at 9 p.m. in the Stratton Hall
- Dispatches from the Front, Episode 7: Thursday at 9 p.m. in Stratton Hall
- Special Topics with Mission Representatives: Students with free hours are invited to hear various mission representatives who have been scheduled to speak in a variety of classes. See a complete listing of times, speakers, topics, and rooms here.
On Monday, booklets with detailed information about the week will be distributed in chapel and will be available at the Student Center Post Office and the Welcome Center. Pray concerning what involvement with missions the Lord would have for you.
Enjoy an evening of music with The 5 Browns. Our first Concert, Opera & Drama Series program of the year is coming up on Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 8 p.m. in the Founder’s Memorial Amphitorium. Tickets are provided without charge to all BJU students.
Please note that students taking six or more credit hours are expected to attend all of the Concert, Opera & Drama Series programs. If you have regularly scheduled work or outreach ministry during the performance, you will need to submit an exemption request in order to be excused. Please submit your request right away so that there is time for it to be approved prior to the date of the program.