Chapel Seating

At this time, chapel is open seating.

If you arrive late to chapel, be sure to sign the ushers’ attendance sheet so that your presence in chapel can be verified. Attendance is recorded by scanning your ID card on your way out of chapel. If you forget your ID card, please sign the ushers’ attendance sheet in the lobby.

Any absence from chapel should be reported to the Student Life office.

4 thoughts on “Chapel Seating

1. Avatar photoBetty Rooks Post author

Good question, Joshua. Take a look at the Information for Specific Groups (from the home page, click on the 1st Semester tab at the top, then Chapel, then Information for Specific Groups). You will find an entry for “High school students taking university classes.” From what you say below, I think you qualify for that exemption, and it looks like the Records Office saw that and gave you “no campus responsibilities” status, which means that you do not have a chapel requirement this semester. That’s why you don’t see a chapel seat assignment in Student Central. Enjoy your classes.

Reply
  2. Abigail Dey

Where do I find my assigned seat for chapel? Also, since I am a town student , do I need to attend chapel on days that my last class is before 11:00?

Reply
    1. Avatar photoBetty Rooks Post author

Good morning, Abigail. Your chapel seat assignment should be on your Student Central Profile page. I think (although I can’t say for sure because when I look at my page, I don’t have a chapel seat assignment) that it is in the column on the right at the top of the page. We did have a few students yesterday who said their seat assignment was not there. If yours is not, let us know, and we’ll find it for you. Regarding chapel attendance, yes, as a full-time student, you will need to be in chapel every day that you have a class. There are a few exceptions, and you can take a look at those by clicking on the 1st Semester tab at the top of the DSC home page, then Chapel, then Attendance Expectations and Information for Specific Groups. Hope this helps. Have a great semester!

Reply
      1. Joshua Floyd

Betty, I am a local dual-enrollment high school student taking 2 undergraduate courses this semester. I have not been informed of my chapel requirements, and I do not see a seat designation on my Student Central Profile page.

Thank you for any help in this matter,

Joshua Floyd