The new exemptions program is now available at exemptions.bju.edu. A few features to note:
- Mobile friendly – to submit, review and edit exemptions from any device
- Immediate feedback – to notify you of your exemption request status
- Updated look and feel – Hey, it’s 2016 after all!
- Intuitive – to make completing a request simple and fast
What do you need an exemption for? The quick answer is you need an exemption anytime you need to miss a required event.
Contact the student life offices with questions or needs related to the exemptions program.
Greetings! Welcome to the new school year which is just around the corner! We are certainly looking forward to everyone coming back and livening up this campus a bit! We trust you are eager to get back to the buzz of campus life as well! Here are just a few things to remember right at the beginning.
- Check in will be open Friday, August 26 from 9:00 am until 5:00 p.m. at the Davis Field House. You may check in on Monday as well but remember you will not be able to complete your class registration until you have officially checked in.
- Mark your calendar for required campus events Monday-Wednesday evenings, August 29-31.
- If you need an exemption from the Opening Exercises or the Evangelistic Services because you regularly work those evenings, you will need to submit an exemption request in advance. We are rolling out a brand new program that will be user and mobile friendly ithis Wednesday. Be on the lookout for a notification to let you know when it is live!
- Don’t forget about the Eat ‘n’ Greet just for day students! It will take place in the Kalmbach Room of the dining common directly after the Opening Exercises on Monday evening, August 29. You will not want to miss this opportunity to eat some free food and meet members of the Student Life and Discipleship Team. Dr. Pettit will be there and he and Brody are eager to award some great prizes! Stay tuned for more details.
- Do you have questions? We are glad to help in any way we possibly can! Feel free to email us and we will get back with you as soon as possible!
Jen Cox (email@example.com) and Stephen Wetterlund (firstname.lastname@example.org) Assistant Deans of Mentoring
There is still time to apply to be a summer camp counselor during the month of July for the EDUcamps at BJU. You can make a lasting impact in the lives of teenage students and encourage them in their personal and spiritual growth. A few positions are still open!
The dates are July 5 – July 30 and the pay is $300.00 per week with free food and lodging. Apply online or email Mr. Matthew Weathers (email@example.com) with questions.
Please help us by completing your survey during the day of service. If you started but did not finish your survey, tomorrow would be a great day to complete it. Enjoy the day off classes and thank you for your help in completing the survey!
You recently received a student survey in your email. (If you don’t see it, check your junk or clutter folder!) Fill out the survey by April 18 and your name will be entered to win a $100 gift card to the Bruin Shop!
The entire campus has been divided into 10 groups: the 8 residence halls and day men and day women. Whichever group has the greatest percentage of completed surveys will receive $150 toward a party or activity. This is the time for day students to shine! The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete. We know your time is precious, especially as we approach the end of the year. Maybe you can put it in your schedule for this weekend! We will update you on how we day students are doing! Thank you in advance for your participation!
Happy Weekend and the highlight of upcoming events!
Monday, September 21, 4pm, Levinson Hall
Career Information Session-U.S. Marine Corps Officer Candidate Programs–
Guest Speaker: Captain Peter Foster RSVP
Tuesday, September 22
7 pm– Men’s Home soccer game—7pm—to see additional Bruins events.
9:45 pm–Society Prayer meetings
Thursday, September 24, 5:30 pm, DFH 124
Shooting Sports Club Organizational Meeting
Friday, September 25, 7-9 pm, Gazebo
Ice Cream Social
Enjoy the nice weather and let us know how we can serve you.
Jen Cox and Stephen Wetterlund