Can you feel the summer heat?! Not much longer now!
A few items to keep in mind that might apply to you or that you might be interested in!
- Submit exam and commencement exemptions ASAP: DS-7 forms available on Avenue.
- If you are not up to date on recording your church attendance, please take a moment to do so @bju.edu.
- Tickets are still available for A Young Lady of Property in Perf Hall Thursday, 7:30–8:45pm.
- Regalia distribution for graduates! Thursday and Friday from 1:30 to 5:30pm in FMA.
- Student body program this Friday, April 29, at 11am in the FMA.
- Cinema department showcase Saturday, April 30, at 7:00pm in Stratton Hall. The films include projects by cinema seniors and faculty.
- Monday, May 2, is the last day to appeal disciplinary infractions. Stop by the Student Life & Discipleship office before 2:30pm.
- Two other musical opportunities: Lyric Choir concert Thursday, April 28, at 5:00pm in War Memorial Chapel, and the BJU Symphony Orchestra concert Friday, April 29, at 7:00pm in Rodeheaver Auditorium.
This semester is quickly coming to an end. We pray for God’s grace in your life to persevere until the end!
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
Just a quick reminder that today at 10:30 p.m. is the deadline for submitting a DS-7 form. If you have questions about the form or about your attendance expectations, please contact someone in the Student Life & Discipleship office.
The DS-7 form for missing required activities during final exams/commencement week is due Monday, April 25, at 10:30 p.m.
Please note that if you have no exams on a particular day but the computer believes that you do have an exam, it will not let you choose “no exams” as a reason for missing chapel or society. Please choose “other” as your reason and explain in the box at the bottom of the form why you do not have an exam as expected.
More information is available about exams and commencement events.
We trust you are having a great week! Here’s what’s coming!
Please complete your student survey. You should have received an email last week. We are hoping to have a significant number of day student participants, so please complete your survey right away.
This Friday, April 15:
- Society elections
- 1:00 p.m. The Gospel is Worth Living, Session 2, in Levinson Hall. Ricky Algood and Dylan Bates will speak on The Gospel and Apologetics.
- 5:00 p.m. Concert Choir in War Memorial
- 7:00 p.m. Symphonic Wind Band in Stratton Hall
Monday, April 18:
- Double absence period begins
- 1:00 p.m. The Gospel is Worth Living, Session 3, in Levinson Hall. Jack Ramler and Matt Wells will speak on The Gospel and Technology.
Tuesday, April 19: 1st Semester preregistration period opens
Don’t forget to get your ticket for Hamlet! Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 p.m. All students are required to attend.
Keep up the great work to the end!
Jen Cox and Stephen Wetterlund
During final exams if you have no exams on a given day, you may miss chapel or society meeting on that day. You may also miss chapel or society if you have a regular work exemption and will be working those same hours during exam week.
You may miss baccalaureate, the awards program, or commencement if those events conflict with your regular semester work schedule or outreach ministry that will continue through the summer.
If you live more than 30 miles from the campus may miss the baccalaureate service unless you are graduating.
More information is available about exams and commencement events. The DS-7 form will be available on April 18 and is due on April 25.