As you prepare for the last week of classes, these are a few events you won’t want to miss!
Tonight: There are many wonderful events to take advantage of!
- The Concert Band presents Vacations in Stratton Hall at 5 p.m.
- Two identical Chorale concerts in War Memorial Chapel at 6:30 and 8 p.m.
- The Cinema Department Film Showcase in Stratton Hall at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 25
- Run the Race 5K begins at 9 a.m. at the Activity Center. You may register just prior to the event, from 8:15 to 8:45. Cost: $15.00 cash. We hope to see you out there with us!
- BJU Symphony Orchestra presents the Spring Gala concert in Rodeheaver Auditorium at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 28
- Collegiate Choir presents Psalms, Hymns and Holy Writings in War Memorial Chapel at 5 p.m.
- Leadership Workshop: Emotional Intelligence of a Leader by Dr. Pettit. Levinson Hall. 6 p.m.
Thursday, April 30
- REGALIA DISTRIBUTION BEGINS!!! 1:30-5:30 p.m. in the FMA
Friday, May 1
- Student Body, 11 a.m. in the FMA
Have a great final week of classes! We’ll be praying for you.
If you haven’t registered for the Run the Race 5K this Saturday at 9am there’s still time!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Who: everyone, especially students, faculty and staff
What: 5k using Turkey Bowl course
Where: meet at the Activity Center
When: April 25, 9 AM
Why: supporting chapel theme and Discipleship Group this semester!
*Prizes awarded to top male and female in age groups
*Free t-shirt with registration (thanks to help of executive office)
*Co-hosting with the Bruins
You can look for Mrs. Cox and Mr. Wetterlund who hope to join you. We hope to see you there! Jen Cox and Stephen Wetterlund
Here’s the Friday preview as we look at the next few days on campus:
- The Concert Choir presents A Musical Banquet in War Memorial Chapel at 7 o’clock.
- Student Leadership Council sponsors a SKY ZONE activity at 10 pm.
Saturday, April 18, Take a tour of patriotic music with the Symphonic Wind Band concert in Rodheaver Auditorium at 7:00 pm.
Monday, April 20: Double absences begin
Tuesday, April 21, Scholastic Bowl Championship at 7 pm in Lecture B (Bryan vs. Sigma Kappa Rho)
Wednesday, April 22
- Leadership workshop: Perseverance in Hard Times, 4:00 pm in Levinson Hall
- 5:00 University Singers present a sacred concert God With Us
Thursday, April 23 Senior Picnic 5:00 pm
During final exams if you have no exams on a given day, you may miss chapel or society meeting on that day.
You may also miss commencement events that conflict with a regular work or outreach ministry schedule that is continuing through the summer.
The DS-7 form for missing required activities during final exams/commencement week is due Friday, April 24, at 10:30 p.m.
Please note that if you have no exams on a particular day but the computer believes that you do have an exam, it will not let you choose “no exams” as a reason for missing chapel or society. Please choose “other” as your reason and explain why you do not have an exam as expected.
More information is available about exams and commencement events.
Happy Friday to all!
As you finish out this week, here’s a few things coming up on the calendar:
- Tomorrow evening at 7 o’clock (Saturday), A pre-release of the film The List will be shown in Stratton Hall. This is a free and fun event!
- Monday, April 13 at 3 o’clock, Leadership workshop in Levinson Hall. South Carolina Police Officer, Ben Tice will present a workshop entitled Crisis Decision Making. You won’t want to miss it!
- Tuesday – Friday is AACS National Competition on campus. This is an opportunity to welcome and encourage prospective students who will be visiting and competing. You might want to plan to arrive earlier for your classes as parking will be challenging these days.
- Wednesday is a service day. Morning and afternoon classes are cancelled. All campus activities and classes resume at 5 o’clock.
Commencement is four weeks from today! Keep working hard! We’re almost there!
Contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our offices in the Student Life suite.